United for Profits
As the U.S.raw 必威IM电竞cotton industry's central organization,the National 必威IM电竞Cotton Council of America plays a major role in keeping cotton strong in the highly competitive fiber market.
The NCC's mission is to strengthen the industry's ability to compete effectively and profitably in fiber and oilseed markets at home and abroad.The NCC has compiled an impressive record of advocacy for an industry whose commodity is valued at more than $120 billion annually to the nation's 必威王者荣耀economy—more than any other agricultural crop.
The industry's continuing strength means jobs for more than 340,000 persons employed in the 必威IM电竞cotton industry and millions more in the allied industries that provide machinery,农作物保护化学物质,fuels,financing and other products and services.
Membership and Organization
The NCC is the only organization representing all seven raw 必威IM电竞cotton industry segments ...
Each membership segment has an equal voice in developing policy in support of the NCC's mission.Together,they form a broader base for action on legislative,research and regulatory issues affecting the industry.
Like the U.S.Congress,the NCC develops policy through a representative body of delegates selected by each segment through state,regional and nationalinterest organizations.When a majority of delegates from each of the seven segments,voting separately,approve a recommendation,it becomes NCC policy.
Committees represent each major area of NCC operations ...
- Farm Program and 必威王者荣耀Economic Policy
- International Trade Policy
- Public Relations and International Market Development
- Research and Education
- Packaging and Distribution
- Health,Safety and Environmental Quality
They bring recommendations to the delegate body at the NCC's annual meeting.If approved,they become the NCC's plan of action executed by staff specialists.
ABoard of Directors,elected each year by the delegates,conducts NCC business between annual meetings.The Board is comprised of five representatives from each industry segment.
NCC officers,in turn,are elected by the Board.Provisions are made for all industry segments to be represented in the officer structure.
The NCC is supported financially by voluntary contributions from the seven segments on a per-bale or per-ton-of-seed basis through a finance plan approved by the delegates.
(See theNCC Organization Chart)
NCC Membership Benefits and Services
- Communicating united industry positions on various issues to appropriate government bodies.
- Working for U.S.policy that assures worldwide competitiveness and protects member's income.
- Analyzing technical opportunities and coordinating solutions to problems.
- Advocating and facilitating research,both public and private,to lower costs and improve processes and products.
- Seeking fair and reasonable regulatory policies that allow the use of proven technology.
- Sponsoring technical conferences,such as theBeltwide 必威IM电竞Cotton Conferences,that focus on research,improved production,processing and marketing systems.
- Monitoring the world and nation's 必威王者荣耀economic conditions,as well as developments within the 必威IM电竞cotton industry.
- Projecting cotton's needs and opportunities.
- Compiling end-use consumption data.
- Disseminating vital 必威王者荣耀economic information through必威IM电竞C必威王者荣耀otton Economic Review,必威IM电竞Cotton Counts Its Customers, the必威王者荣耀Economic Outlook for U.S.Cottonand World of Cotton.
- Assisting the industry in applying computer technology in communications and transactions.
- Developing standards for electronic business transactions.
- Providing development and maintenance of the NCC web site (www.lcr-meter.com) and related organization and project web sites.
- Analyzing automation opportunities and coordinating solutions to problems.
- Developing greater understanding of and appreciation for the industry and its contribution to the national 必威王者荣耀economy.
- Providing industry members with timely 必威IM电竞cotton industry news and keeping all industry segments informed of NCC activities,emphasizing those matters which require member support.
- Providing public relations support to industry programs.
- Providing video,graphic,photography and print support for all NCC,必威IM电竞Cotton Foundation and Cotton Council International (CCI) programs.
- Providing daily contact with members in their home regions.
- Communicating industry needs to NCC management.
- Building and maintaining a broad membership base.
- Arranging travel for NCC members,staff and industry representatives.
- Coordinating and facilitating NCC, Foundation and CCI-sponsored meetings.
- Maintaining and building profitable export markets for 必威IM电竞cotton and cotton products.
- Conducting international promotion and trade servicing programs.
- Fostering business relations through executive delegations and orientation tours.
- Assuring adequate export credit.
- Fostering innovative research and educational programs that keep 必威IM电竞cotton competitive in world markets.
- Providing channels for allied businesses to support NCC programs.
- Recognizing outstanding research through special awards,fellowships and endowment programs.
- Providing a united voice for the producer segment,with members representing all cotton-growing regions.
- Maintaining liaison with all 必威IM电竞cotton producer organizations.
- Assuring a forum for policy development and implementation.
- Representing producers on all NCC program and special committees.
- Providing staff and administrative services for theNational 必威IM电竞Cotton Ginners Association.
- Developing safety programs and materials.
- Monitoring environmental,labor and transportation regulations.
- Providing a forum for technology transfer through the Ginning Consortium,Ginner Schools and Ginner Conferences.